Non-exhaustive list of bars and restaurants in Paris, ordered by arrondissement.
Chatelet - Les halles
- Want to eat a 1kg piece of meat for your birthday and pay the price of your age? Then go to Black Dog.
Opera - Rue Saint Anne
Rue Saint Anne is one of the most famous streets for real Japanese food. All the restaurants are usually open all day, which is quite convenient for a late lunch on a Saturday.
- L'arbre à Cannelle has good stuff for brunch albeit slightly expensive.
- Mekong has the best Bo Bun ever, and very cheap! Crowded at lunch time during the week, less so at night for dinner.
- Foyer Vietnamien has good Asian food. Since it is managed by volunteers, it is quite cheap. Also don't be afraid to enter, even though it does not necessarily look like a restaurant from the outside...
Japorama - Auberge des deux dragons is one of my favorite sushi restaurants. Not too expensive and good.
Fish (la boissonnerie) is an excellent high-standard restaurant, installed in an former fish shop. Stays open quite late for lunch, and reasonable price for a complete menu (~30€).
- Want to live a typical Parisian experience in an old looking restaurant? Then go to Chez Chartier, it is perfect for when you want to impress foreign friends coming to visit. There is usually a line, but it does not take too long to get in.
- My favorite north-Indian restaurant (i.e. meat curries, rice and chapatis/naans) in Paris, at Sheezan.
- A south-Indian restaurant, also present in India and in the US (they are a small chain), near Gare du Nord, at Saravanaa Bhavan.
- There are a few Mauritian restaurants in the Passage du Prado, which serve a good plate of food for less than 10€.
- Kim and Kim is a small Korean restaurant, near where I used to live.
- Pho 13 has a really good and cheap Phở.
- In the same street, there is also Pho 14 which is supposed to have the best Phở in Paris (but in my opinion, it's less good than Pho 13).
- Not far from the asian supermarket Tang Frères, Pho Tai has excellent Phở and Bo Bun.
- Still in the same area, Lao Lane Xang is quite famous and does have an excellent tamarind duck.
- L'abri-bus has cheap mojitos, and good food for lunch or dinner.